Thursday 30 March 2017

New blog

Hello Interweb!

I decided to start a new blog. It will largely focus on being a Mummy and the things I get up to with my smalls (at the time of writing: T, 3.5 year old girl; and E, 15 month old boy). Assuming I get time to write things, it will probably be full of mostly crafty type activities I found on Pinterest. Some of it may be about things we did ages ago if I come across an old photo and remember it was fun. Oh and just for reference, if you're interested we live in Southampton, UK. It may be relevant if I'm talking about local things or products.

But what sparked this sudden desire to write a new blog? Well, I was idly browsing facebook pages and I saw a post in a parenty group saying, "I've bought a Tuff Tray. What do you guys use them for?" I had no idea what one was. On seeing what everyone did with them, I HAD to get one. So I did. A couple of weeks later and here it is. I got a cheap one from Amazon with a height adjustable stand. (I'm not going to recommend the seller as to be honest, it's not the best quality, took a long time to come and arrived damaged.) I decided I want to document what we do with it and then I thought, well why not keep a record of other crafty fun things too. It may end up being just a diary for me to look back on but if it's in anyway useful to anyone else who have smalls to entertain then that's great.

So, our first activity with the Tuff Tray.... nothing fancy. I wanted to test the capacity of it. I had grand ideas of doing "goop" (not tried yet but I've heard it's fab) but it took 20litres of water and I only have a little box of cornflour so that was out. So I just squirted in a generous amount of washing up liquid and gave them whisks, bath toys, stacking cups etc. I also gave T a straw. They both had great fun and played together pretty well. I struggle finding things they can do together to be honest so it was great to see this working. Not that I joined in much. I had work to prepare for so it was mostly Granny supervised. E got drenched of course but that doesn't matter. Fun was had for quite a while with minimum effort on my part. Yay!






xxx

P.S. You may have noticed I said that this is my new blog. I have an old one. It was from my pre children days when I used to make jewellery. The name for this blog came from there and I've kept the style the same. I decided not to change that one, just in case I go back to that side of things when I get more time to myself. It's here if you are interested but I haven't touched it since T was born.

0 comments:

Post a Comment